Welcome to the Sienna Bay Online Application
Statement of Rental Policy/Qualification Acknowledgment
In order to assist you with your decision on your new home, we are providing a list of guidelines used to qualify residents for residency in our communities. Nothing contained in these requirements shall constitute representation by South Oxford Management that all residents and occupants currently residing in our community have met or currently meet these guidelines.
FAIR HOUSING STATEMENT South Oxford Management and the Owner are committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local fair housing laws. South Oxford Management will not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familial status or any other specific classes protected by applicable laws. South Oxford Management will allow any reasonable accommodation or reasonable modification based on disability-related need. The person requesting any reasonable modification may be responsible for the related expense.
IDENTIFICATIONApplicants must present one form of government issued photo identification for all person age 18 years and older that will be living in the apartment. South Oxford Management is not responsible for verifying residency status on applications. Non- US-citizen applicants must present two forms of identification. One form must be a photo ID.
APPLICATION AND FEE A separate rental application must be completed, dated and signed by each applicant and any individual 18 years of age or older. All individuals 18 years of age or older, or legally considered an adult by law if not living with a legal guardian, are required to be a party to the lease. A non-refundable application fee is required at the time an application is submitted. The initial applicant fee will be outlined by the community, and each additional occupant application fee will be $25.00.
OCCUPANCY Unit occupancy shall not exceed 2 persons per room plus 1. Children younger than 24 months of age are not considered occupants in determining this factor of eligibility. The Company will comply with applicable laws that require higher or lower occupancy ratios.
INCOME All applicants must have a combined source of income in an amount no less than Three (3) times the market rental rate. All income must be verifiable. Verifiable income includes, but is not limited to wages, self-employment income, social security benefits, pensions, trust funds, grants, school loans, child support, unemployment benefits, military benefits, other government assistance and alimony. Acceptable Sources of Income may be any of the following: Three (3) most current paycheck stubs. If an applicant is starting a new job, the future position and salary must be verified in writing via an offer letter on company letterhead and effective on or before the proposed move-in date. If an applicant is self-employed or receives money from non-employment sources, proof of income through: (1) a copy of the previous year’s tax return, (2) a financial statement from a CPA verifying income, or photocopies of three (3) most current bank statements illustrating the ability to pay rent through the entire lease term. (4) The amount of any housing choice voucher currently being received by an applicant must also be included as income, even if you are not accepting the voucher as payment.
INCOME RESTRICTED If you are applying at an income restricted community please review the supplemental income exhibit for specific income qualifications.
RENTAL HISTORY Rental history in conjunction with landlord debt will be considered when processing your application. Evictions within the previous two (2) years and/or outstanding debt to a prior landlord may result in denial or an additional rental deposit..
CREDIT HISTORY Our screening agency evaluates credit, debt to income and rental history against indicators of future rent payment performance. Any unsatisfactory finding may result in the requirement of an additional deposit, guarantor, or denial. Should a pending bankruptcy appear an automatic denial may result. A history of a prior bankruptcy filing may result in an additional rental deposit.
GUARANTORS Guarantors will be accepted for anyone who does not meet the income qualifications. A Guarantor must have a combined source of income in an amount no less than five (5) times the market rental rate. If a guarantor is needed, they must meet the entire qualifying criteria as presented herein. The guarantor must pay an application processing fee and sign the Guarantor Addendum.
CRIMINAL HISTORY The criminal records of all household members 18 years of age and over will be checked for all felony and
misdemeanor convictions. The information gathered as the result of this check will affect the approval of the application as follows:
- Applicants with any of the following felony convictions in the 50 years preceding the date of application will be denied approval - sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, indecency with a child, sexual performance by child, trafficking of persons, burglary if committed with the intent to commit felony sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, sexual abuse of a child, or prohibited sexual conduct, offenses relating to any felony conviction increased in punishment as a result of use of a child in commission of such offenses, and any offense where the offender used or exhibited a deadly weapon during the commission of a felony offense or during immediate flight therefrom.
- Applicants with any of the following felony convictions in the 25 years preceding the date of application will be denied approval- murder, capital murder, homicide related offenses.
- Applicants will be automatically denied for any prior felony conviction in the 15 years preceding the date of application for illegal manufacturing or distribution of a controlled substance.
- Applicants will be automatically denied if they are currently subject to registration as a sex offender.
- Any other felony conviction other than those set forth above related to crimes against persons will result in denial if the conviction occurred in the fifteen (15) year period preceding the date of application.
- Any other misdemeanor conviction other than those set forth above related to crimes against persons will result in denial if the conviction occurred in the seven (7) year period preceding the date of application.
- Any other felony conviction other than those set forth above related to crimes against property will result in denial if the conviction occurred in the ten (10) year period preceding the date of application.
- Any other misdemeanor conviction other than those set forth above related to crimes against property will result in denial if the conviction occurred in the five (5) year period preceding the date of application.
- Any other felony conviction other than those set forth above related to crimes against society will result in denial if the conviction occurred in the fifteen (15) year period preceding the date of application.
- Any other misdemeanor conviction other than those set forth above related to crimes against society will result in denial if the conviction occurred in the five (5) year period preceding the date of application
Animal Animal restrictions vary at each community. If you have animals, please see your leasing representative for more information.
Rental Scoring & Your Rental Application
We rely upon a "Rental Score" to estimate the relative financial risk of leasing an apartment to you. In addition to estimating risk, rental scores are an objective and consistent way of reviewing relevant applicant information and help speed the application approval process.
How is my rental score determined?
Rental scoring systems assign points to certain factors identified as having a statistical correlation to future financial lease performance. Your rental score results from a mathematical analysis of information found in your credit report, application data, and previous rental history. Such information may include your bill-paying history, the number and type of accounts you have, collection actions, outstanding debt, and the number of inquiries in your consumer report. The final number, or rental score, represents an estimated level of risk as compared to the performance of other consumers in a range of scores. Because your rental score is based upon real data and statistics, it is more reliable than subjective methods of evaluating your information. Rental scoring treats all applicants consistently and impartially. Additionally, your rental score never uses certain characteristics like-- race, color, sex, familial status, handicap, national origin, or religion as factors.
What can I do to improve my rental score?
Your rental score may change based upon changes of the underlying information. The total improvement, however, generally depends on how that factor relates to other factors considered by the scoring system. Nevertheless, to improve your rental score, concentrate on paying your bills on time, paying down outstanding balances, and not taking on new debt..
NOTIFICATION OF DENIAL OR CONDITIONAL APPROVAL
You have a right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to a free copy of your consumer report from CoreLogic Safe Rent, LLC, the reporting agency used by South Oxford Management to evaluate your background information if the request is made no later than 60 days after you receive notification of a denial or conditional approval. In evaluating your application, information obtained from or through CoreLogic Safe Rent, LLC, which may include credit information or consumer information from one or more of the credit bureaus or consumer reporting agencies, may have influenced South Oxford Management decision in whole or in part. These consumer-reporting agencies and/or credit bureaus DID NOT make the decision to take adverse action and are unable to provide specific reasons why adverse action was taken.
Please choose "I Agree" to continue to the application.